Details of the job vacancy
The Department of Physics of the University of Antwerp is looking for a part-time (60%) file manager expert for the Departmental Secretariat of Physics.
The function includes the following commands:
- You work closely with the office manager, and you are responsible for replacement in his absence. In this context, you take minutes of meetings and you are responsible for the follow-up of personnel files.
- You mainly take care of tasks within the departmental Physics secretariat belonging to the assigned domain of finance, where you are responsible for the preparation, follow-up and implementation of financial, administrative and logistical tasks of projects.
- You keep an overview of the various projects, and you can estimate financial implications. You do this in close consultation with the budget manager.
- You provide correct information to colleagues, customers and clients verbally, in writing or electronically.
- You are responsible for the analysis, evaluation and support of the policy and/or policy implementation based on your specific expertise specific to the assigned domain of finance: initiating consultations, organizing, attending and taking minutes, keeping your own professional knowledge up to date, developing, adapting and introducing of new techniques. You build your own network within the organization.
- In addition, you and your colleagues are responsible for the daily operation of the secretariat: you follow up orders and expenses, answer questions from colleagues, take care of the mail delivery, etc.
When realizing the objectives, you take into account the provided instructions and the regulations.
- You hold a diploma of professional/academic bachelor or higher education of the short type/long type or equivalent competences through experience.
- Experience in using ERP programs such as SAP or Oracle is a plus
- You are fluent in MS Office. Knowledge of Excel is necessary: you can easily work with formulas and crosstabs. Advanced knowledge of Excel is a plus.
- You have good oral and written knowledge of Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus.
- You work well in a team, and you work in a customer-friendly, solution-oriented, honest, creative, quality-oriented and collaborative manner.
- You are good at planning and organizing.
- We offer you a fixed-term employment contract of 1 year (with the possibility of extension).
- You receive a gross monthly wage within the range 5.1-7.1 of the pay scales of the Administrative and Technical Personnel. Your entry level (usually grade 5) depends on your relevant professional experience. With a part-time appointment, your salary is calculated pro rata based on the employment percentage.
- You will receive meal vouchers, eco vouchers, internet connectivity allowance, group insurance, guaranteed income insurance, and a bicycle allowance or full refund for your commute by public transport.
- You can work according to a flexible working time arrangement. In consultation with the team and your head of department, some homework is possible.
- You mainly work on Campus Drie Eiken, and if required for the operation of the service on Campus Groenenborger, in a dynamic and stimulating work environment.
You can apply by sending a CV + motivation letter simultaneously to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For substantive questions about the position, you can contact Tessa Debilde (office manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, +32 3 265 91 71).