Details of the job vacancy
In the air & space business are a lot of projects and programs, from innovative aviation research, through to aircraft modifications, complex flight trials or developing and building space infrastructure. As a member of the project management team, you can expect to be leading teams to deliver projects and develop international opportunities as they continue to grow.
Specifically we are looking for a Project Manager to support the Instruments Portfolio. You will be responsible for delivery of standard or complex projects within our Space Integrated Delivery Team (IDT) and will be tasked with ensuring our commitments to our internal and external stakeholders are met. The projects have a diverse and complex stakeholder community, both internal and external to the company, with the opportunity to deliver across the project lifecycle from requirements capture and business winning right through into delivery.
You will be primarily responsible for the tasks underneath:
- Delivery of standard or complex projects >£3m revenue per annum.
- Development and maintenance of positive engagement with project customers, partners and suppliers.
- Operating in a safe & secure manner.
- Embedding a culture in line with the company values.
- Delivery of the project outputs, to agreed baseline including customer satisfaction, time, cost, quality, cash and sales.
- Alignment with the technical team to meet the customer requirements and to ensure efficient project execution.
- Ensuring project members operate in line with internal procedures and have appropriate personal objectives recorded in the company performance management system.
- Resolving conflicts, including prioritization calls, within the project and collaborating across the company.
- Maintenance of project forecasts, both financial and resource (humanpower) demand signal, for sales and delivery which reflects the up-to-date expectations for the work.
- Application of governance requirements including lifecycle, project & independent reviews as appropriate for the size of the project.
- Reporting progress on all accountabilities to program/portfolio manager (or their delegate).
- Ensuring correct entry and maintenance of data onto customer management tools to support your opportunities with all details correct and up to date on order value, order intake scenario, bid due date, closing date, sales stage, revenue profile and up to date notes.