Details of the job vacancy
Missing Children Europe is looking for a Ukrainian and Russian speaking Project Officer to coordinate the missing children activities in the context of the war against Ukraine. This includes support for the establishment of more 116,000 hotlines in the European region. Missing Children Europe (MCE) is the European Federation for Missing and Sexually Exploited Children, representing 31 organizations from 26 European countries. We provide the link between research, policy and organizations on the ground to protect children from any form of violence, abuse or neglect caused by or resulting from their disappearance. Tasks
- The helpdesk employee supports the Secretary-General and the Hotlines project assistant in coordinating activities in the field of missing children in connection with the war against Ukraine. The helpdesk employee will:
- Coordinate with national members to jointly manage cross-border cases of missing children from Ukraine and ensure that they are reunited with their families as quickly and safely as possible
- Please support our Ukrainian NGO Magnolia in updating our information on missing child cases in Ukraine and keeping the numbers up.
- Provide Ukrainian and Russian translation support to our 116000 national hotlines, including translation of information pages and leaflets and call-in support when requesting Ukrainians on the hotlines.
- Work with technology vendors to further develop MCE's reporting forms, cross-border case management and database interoperability, and with legal advisors to ensure compliance with the GDPR.
- Support for the establishment of new 116,000 hotlines in the European region, which include responsibilities, among others: close cooperation with national and European stakeholders (e.g. NGOs, public authorities, etc.), advocacy with national authorities, capacity building of the hotline, awareness-raising and ensuring quality control.
- Collaborate with other missing and found actors, including national and international organizations for missing children and persons, child protection services and anti-trafficking organizations, to develop strong protocols of cooperation to ensure that children are recovered as quickly and safely as possible reunited with their families, and that all the families of the missing get answers.
- Monitor policy developments related to missing and at-risk children from Ukraine and support the formulation of policy recommendations in response.
- Coordinate with our communication team and NGO Magnolia on spreading the word about Magnolia's services, the 116000 number and our website on missing Ukrainian children eu to all relevant target groups to ensure that all missing Ukrainian children are reported.
For more information, please visit our website https://missingchildreneurope.eu/vacancy-for-a-ukraine-helpdesk-officer/